It’s that time of year again ~ Medicare Open Enrollment begins October 15th to December 7th.  This is a great time to review your benefits and check out what’s new especially during this unprecedented time of Coronavirus.  If you have a recent change in health or medication adjustments, you may benefit from a different plan.

  • Traditional Medicare covers Part A (hospital) and Part B (medical) typically covers 80% of the costs. Supplemental Medigap Insurance will cover the remaining 20% of costs.  Part D (prescription drug) is often purchased separately.
  • Medicare Advantage Plan covers the Part A and B.  No supplement is needed, and Part D coverage is often included.

You will have more questions and there will be more information to review before you make your final decision.

Page 5 -8 of The Medicare and You 2021 Handbook recaps all the important features – .